A Pet-Friendly Move
Moving with your pets can be a stressful thing. You want to make sure your furbaby is well taken care of and they transition well to their new home. Here are some tips for making the move with your pets and how to help them adapt.
- Keep their schedules as closely as possible. Your pets typical eat and exercise at the same time every day. When moving, keeping their schedules pretty close can help them adjust to the other changes.
- Pack the essentials. Make sure you can easily access any pet supplies needed quickly. Bowls, food, leashes, toys, beds etc. should be on hand and ready to quickly unpack!
- Keep them safe. You don’t want your pet escaping when the movers are bringing in boxes and furniture. Especially important at your new home, as they don’t know the area. Have arrangements for a friend to care for your pets or keep them in a quiet, safe spot in your home. Make sure they have their beds, blankets, toys, food and water to keep them happy.
- Help them settle in. Your new home may be unfamiliar. Make sure you are close by when they are exploring and getting acclimated. Staying home with them for a few days can help them adjust. Your presence will help them know that this is a safe place.
- Be patient. All pets adjust differently. Yours may have accidents, bark at your neighbors, or turn to negative behaviors. Give them some time and keep giving them extra attention.You can read some more helpful tips here.