Moving can be quite the journey! Avoid these common moving mistakes to help your Bellevue move go as smoothly and stress-free as possible.
- Mistake #1: Trying to Do-It-Yourself
- Although you can probably take it on yourself, moving involves a lot of moving parts. A move from a different city or state especially can be very complicated. Hiring professionals will ensure that you avoid potential problems and make sure every detail is handled. In addition to the logistics, your movers will quickly move your items preventing you from getting injured or exhausted from having to move all of the furniture and boxes yourself.
- Mistake #2: Last Minute Planning
Although you can’t always plan ahead months in advance for a move, if possible you want to start contacting movers a few months ahead. There are busy seasons- typically late spring and summer where movers can be booked up. Give yourself plenty of time to research and get things scheduled.
- Mistake #3: Forgetting About “Non-movables”
Check with your moving company about their policies for moving certain things such as your grill, firearms, alcohol, etc. You don’t want to find this out last minute.Access Gentle Moving can help you with moving your piano. Before moving your piano to your new home, it is important to make sure you have measured both the piano and the potential space in your new home. If your piano doesn’t fit, you will have to find a place to store it at the last moment which can be difficult.
Also, if you have special plants you want to move, make sure to find a plan for those. Check with the USDA to see if there are rules for bringing the plans by car into another state.
- Mistake #4: You Didn’t Sort Your Stuff
If you packed up everything you own, you likely are moving with you things you haven’t worn, used or had a need for in years. Make sure to go through your things and toss out garbage, donate items you no longer need and if you desire hold a yard sale to clear out everything you don’t need in your new home.
- Mistake #5: You Didn’t Measure
Bringing all of your old furniture to the new place? Make sure it fits!! The last thing you want to do is move a huge piece of furniture only to find out you have no space for it in your new home.
We hope these tips help you have a successful and easy move!!