No Hassle Packing Tips
Packing up all of your belongings can be a daunting task. If you have a lot of things, you might be worried moving will take a long time and stress about how much you have to do to get ready. Packing doesn’t have to be a bother, make sure to follow these tips for stress-free packing.
- The earlier the better. When the decision to move is made, consider that a green light for starting to pack, even if you don’t have a date set in stone. Pack items that you won’t be needing first, seasonal decor, fine china, books, etc.
- Keep, donate or trash. Sorting through your items to make sure you are only bringing the items you want and need is key. Go through each room and get rid of what you can. The more you eliminate, the less you will have to pack and bring with you during the move.
- Gather all supplies. You will need lots of boxes, tape, bubble wrap and markers to label. Come up with a system for labeling and keeping track of what is in your boxes. The more specific you can be the easier the move. We can also help with supplies if you would like to get them from us.
- Consider professional packing. If you don’t have any time to do it yourself, hire us to do the packing as well as the moving. We know how to properly wrap items to ensure they are protected and we know the best ways to pack boxes to make it easy to move them.
- Save on padding. No need to buy certain packing material for protecting lamps, furniture and more. Use your blankets and towels to protect these items and more instead of packing them away.
- Keep it together. After taking down furniture, make sure to keeps nuts and bolts with the items they assembled. Put them in a labeled plastic baggy and tape them to the furniture so you don’t misplace them.