If you are planning on moving to Bellevue and own pets, it will be a wonderful place to be. There are many fun spots to go outdoors including parks, dog parks, trails, beaches and more. Pets can have a difficult time during a move, but with these tips your pets will be comfortable and adjust in no time at all!
- Have your pet get a check up with a vet and ensure they have ID chips/collars with your new address, phone and name.
- If you are driving far, make sure to get pet-friendly hotels reserved and take lots of breaks for the bathroom, eating and stretching.
- Make sure to keep dogs, cats and all other small pets in a pet carrier. Larger dogs should be leashed at all times.
- Keep your pets in a closed room or crate until you are ready to load them into your car. Moving day is busy and loud. You don’t want your pet to escape out of an open door. Keep their stress levels down and prevent an escape.
- Make sure to have enough pet food, water, medication, and things like their favorite toys or beds on hand. Comfort items like a chew toy or a specific blanket they like can help them feel more at home in your new house.